This program is currently unavailable. Click here to view all of our current programs.
In this class students will learn how to use good manners at the table when dining out at a restaurant or a special event. Table manners are not just about how to hold your silverware or how to place your napkin. Good table manners also show self-awareness, respect, and courtesy to others. They are important tools for social interactions that will benefit children personally and professionally for the rest of their lives.
- Invitations and how to RSVP
- Waiting for a table
- How to be seated
- Speaking to servers
- Menu & ordering food
- Understanding the place setting and silverware
- Trying new foods
- Sharing food
- Eating difficult foods
- How to handle food allergies
- Proper conversations at the table
- Using please and thank you
- Complimenting the chef and waitstaff
- Other restaurant manners: Staying seated, cell phones, belching, playing with utensils or tablecloth, handling spills, and more