Pre-Teen and Teen Netiquette Workshop
(TEXTING, EMAIL AND SOCIAL MEDIA ETIQUETTE)
Is technology making your child rude? Social media platforms are great places to communicate and learn. However, if you do not use technology responsibly, it can negatively affect your reputation and your relationships, both personally and professionally. Pre-teens and teens need to keep in mind that colleges and employers are seeking people with not just good technical and academic skills, but also with social graces, self-awareness, and a positive presence on the Internet.
In this workshop children and teens will learn how to be more aware and digitally responsible and ensure that their image is well-reflected on the Internet.
• When is texting appropriate
• What to keep in mind when sending texts
• Tips to keep in mind when using email
• Professional email etiquette- Formality, timing, salutations, subject line, reply all,
• Things to avoid when sending an email
Social Media Etiquette
• Questions to ask yourself before you post on social media
• The do’s and don’ts of social networking
• Being professional on social media
• Is technology damaging your relationship and your impression?