The Underwood Pool will be open through Labor Day! (9/6)
Thanks to our incredible team of dedicated lifeguards and office staff as well as the Parks Department, Belmont Recreation is planning to keep the pool open through Labor Day! In order to do this, we will need to give our staff a respite, for 2 days, during the week of August 30th. We will do our best to schedule the days we plan to close the pool around poor weather conditions. We will announce those dates the week prior.
PRINT CALENDAR BY
CLICKING ON THE IMAGE BELOW
PLEAS NOTE THAT AS OF 8/4/2021, MASKS ARE REQUIRED IN THE INDOOR SPACES AT THE UNDERWOOD POOL. THIS IS THE ENTRANCE WHEN CHECKING IN AND THE BATHROOM AREAS. THANK YOU FOR HELPING US TAKE THIS PROACTIVE STEP TO HELP REDUCE THE SPREAD OF COVID-19.
UNDERWOOD POOL 2021
LATE SUMMER RESIDENT POOL MEMBERSHIP SALE!
August is almost here! If you have been away this summer but are back in Belmont and want to go to the Underwood Pool, this sale is for you! We have reduced the prices on our resident memberships to the Underwood Pool and the sale begins now! As always, contact the Recreation Office with any questions. Happy Summer!!
PURCHASE MEMBERSHIPS HERE
FAMILY – ($175)
INDIVIDUAL - ($65)
FAMILY – (SOLD OUT)
INDIVIDUAL - (SOLD OUT)
*No Senior option*
DAILY DROP-IN PASSES
Child Resident - $10
Adult Resident - $15
Child Non-Resident - $20
Adult Non-Resident - $25
Public Swim hours will be from 10am-8pm every day
*Subject to change in August*
Adult swim hours will be on Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday Mornings from 8am-9am.
*Subject to change in August*
Tuesday - 1 lane and shallow pool
Wednesday - 1 lane and shallow pool
Thursday - 6 lanes and shallow pool
Sunday - 6 lanes and shallow pool
GENERAL POOL RULES
Deep End Test Route: The “L” of the pool will be cleared of swimmers. Test candidates will line up at the end of the lap lanes closest to the shallow end of the pool. Upon entering the water, candidates will swim on their bellies halfway to the other end of the pool where they will begin floating on their back, they will do this for 10 seconds. Candidates will then continue to swim on their bellies under each of the lane lines until they reach the ladder on their right side. There they will hop out of the water and jump off the diving board.
- The Deep End Test is required for everyone under the age of 16. The deep end test will be conducted generally hourly throughout the day. Exceptions may be made by the pool supervisors.
Swimmers who have passed the deep end test previously within a summer do not need to re-take the test. Their names should be recorded with the office staff and they will be wearing an identifying bracelet.
The guard on duty at the slide is responsible for clearing the stairs of the slide before allowing another swimmer to enter the slide.
- Slide: Only swimmers who are at least 48” tall or who have passed the deep end or slide test are allowed on the slide. For safety’s sake this is strictly enforced!
- Flips are not allowed into the water. One bounce on the board is permitted. Only one person on the board at a time. NO jumping off the slide into the diving pit
- During public swim, keep children from playing in the lap lanes. These lanes should be used for either private lessons or for lap swimming.
- Bathing suits must be worn. No shorts or cutoff pants. Children who are not toilet trained must wear a swim diaper, rubber pants AND a bathing suit. Rubber pants can be purchased at the front desk for $3.00/pr.
- Swimmers MUST shower before entering the pool. Bathing suits must remain on.
- Any person with shoulder length or longer hair must secure their hair with a hair tie or a swim cap. If a person needs a hair tie, they are at the front desk at no charge.
- Persons with open sores, skin disease or other communicable disease are not permitted in the
- Absolutely NO flotation devices or snorkels allowed. If you see someone wearing any type of flotation device, act immediately to have them remove it.
- Pool toys may be allowed at the Pool Managers discretion. Representatives from the Belmont Recreation Department may remove pool toys at any time.
- Eating is prohibited everywhere on pool grounds except the designated eating area.
- All Belmont pubic properties and grounds are designated NO SMOKING areas. This includes sidewalks and walkways directly around the pool.
- Persons shall not engage in threatening or abusive language or actions nor shall any discourteous, indecent or immoral conduct be tolerated. This type of behavior may result in ejection from the pool and/or loss of membership privileges.
- Persons shall not misuse, abuse, damage or tamper with Town property.
- All complaints or concerns should be directed to the supervisory staff of the Town.
- No one under the age of 10 will be admitted to the pool unless accompanied by an adult caregiver.
- The Town of Belmont, the Belmont Recreation Department and all pool employees will not be responsible for lost, stolen or misplaced personal possessions.
- Thunder and Lightning Policy: For the protection of all, the Underwood pool and locker rooms will be cleared of all patrons during a thunder and lightning storm. The pool will remain closed 30 minutes after the last thunder clap and last sight of lightning.