The Viglirolo Skating Rink is now OPEN for the 2021/2022 winter season!
The Belmont Recreation Department owns and operates the rink in conjunction with the Parks Department. The rink is home to the BHS Marauders hockey teams. It services a number of youth and adult hockey organizations and programs. Hours of public skate and stick and puck are available. When visiting the rink, please dress warm! Bring your own skates.
Register For 1 Time Public Skate Sessions
Register For Multi-Day Public Skate Sessions
VIEW RINK CALENDAR HERE
There are 2 ways to register for public hours.
Public Skate and Stick and Puck costs $5 per person, per session. A session is typically 1 hour in length. You may arrive at at time within the hour window but the cost will remain $5 per person.
1. Activity Registration
Go to the this link (REGISTER HERE) and pre-register for a public skate/stick and puck activity online like you would any other program.
2. Pre-purchased Passes
- You may pre-purchase public skate/stick and puck passes on your account (PASSES HERE).
- You can pre-purchase these in quantities of 1, 3, 5, and 10 passes.
- Please note that these passes are only good for the 2021/2022 season. They will expire at the end of the rink season and refunds will NOT be given for any unused passes. Passes are NOT transferable to other recreation programs.
- Upon registration, you will be emailed a link to your passes.
- You can access this pass via your account or take a screen shot and save it your your camera roll.
- Upon entering the rink, please scan your pass at the computer station to sign in.
- You may ask a staff member for assistance.
We have limited time slots available for private parties and rentals. If you are interested in booking the ice for a private party or school function, please contact the Belmont Recreation Office.
The ice is ready and we can't wait for you to come visit us!
Updated policies and information:
1. COVID-19: Per the order of the Belmont Board of health and Select Board, "Effective at 12:01 AM on Monday, August 9, 2021 face coverings are required for all individuals aged two years and above in all indoor public or private spaces open to the public, or where individuals from different households can gather, except where an individual is unable to wear a face covering due to a medical condition or disability." In short, masks must be worn at all times in the skating rink, on and off the ice.
Detailed information on the mandate can be found here
There are no additional COVID-19 related restrictions at the rink at this time.
2. Public Skate/Stick and Puck: All patrons MUST PRE-REGISTER online for public skating this season. The fee is $5 per skater, per session, resident and non-resident. Payments will not be accepted at the rink. However, you can register on your smart phone at anytime. There are no capacity limits for public skating sessions.
Register for Public Skate/Stick and Puck here
It is highly recommended that youth be accompanied by adults at the rink.
All patrons must wear helmets when skating on the ice.
We do not have a skate rental shop at the rink. You must bring your own skates and helmet. If you would like to purchase skates, please visit Champions Sporting Goods in Belmont center. They have a selection of new and used skating equipment.
If you have any additional questions regarding the rink, please contact the Belmont Recreation office