Please note that for the 2020/2021 school year, Joey's Park will be available ONLY to the Winn Brook school students between 9:30am-11:00am Monday-Friday.
BELMONT TOWN PARKS
Town Field— Waverley Street
Pequossette (PQ) Park — Maple Street
Winn Brook Fields -Waterhouse Rd
Grove Street Park— Grove St
Payson Park—Payson Rd
Chenery Middle School Field— Washington St
Underwood Park - Cottage St
Updated August 18, 2020
Parks and Open Spaces are open for passive recreation and permitted use only
STAY HOME IF YOU FEEL SICK
WEAR A FACE COVERING
MAINTAIN 6 FEET OF PHYSICAL DISTANCE BETWEEN OTHERS
USE HAND SANITIZER AND WASH YOUR HANDS FREQUENTLY
AVOID GATHERING IN LARGE GROUPSPark users must follow all local, state and federal guidelines regarding access to and use of public parks.
NO ONE SHOULD ATTEND OR PARTICIPATE IN RECREATIONAL ACTIVITIES OR SPORTS IF THEY CURRENTLY HAVE SYMPTOMS OR HAVE BEEN IN CONTACT WITH ANYONE WITH A CONFIRMED COVID-19 DIAGNOSIS IN THE LAST 14 DAYS
INDIVIDUALS USING TOWN PARKS MUST YIELD TO PERMITTED USER GROUPS.
PLEASE BE RESPECTFUL OF OTHERS
DOGS MUST HAVE AN OFF LEASH PERMIT TO BE IN THE PARKS
PLAYGROUNDS ARE OPEN BUT NOT SANITIZED; USE CAUTIOUSLY AT YOUR OWN RISK
Massachusetts guidelines for parks and open space can be found here
Massachusetts youth sports guidelines can be found here
Off Leash Dog Program information can be found here
Belmont Recreation is currently NOT permitting picnics or birthday parties at parks
Tennis and Pickleball courts are open for use
If the courts are full when you arrive, please wait outside the fence or grass area for one to become available. Please be respectful of those playing and waiting to use the courts.
• Try to stay at least six feet apart from other players. Do not make
physical contact with them (such as shaking hands or a high five).
• Avoid touching your face after handling a ball, racquet or other
equipment. Wash your hands promptly if you have touched your eyes, nose or mouth.
• Avoid sharing food, drinks or towels.
• Use your racquet/foot to pick up balls and hit them to your
opponent. Avoid using your hands to pick up the balls.
• Stay on your side of court. Avoid changing ends of the court.
• Remain apart from other players when taking a break.
• If a ball from another court comes to you, send it back with a kick or with your racquet.
• Leave the court as soon as reasonably possible.
• Wash your hands thoroughly or use a hand sanitizer after coming off the court.
• No extra-curricular or social activity should take place. No
congregation after playing.
• All players should leave the facility immediately after play.
GENERAL PARKS RULES. PLEASE FOLLOW THE COVID-19 SPECIFIC RULES LISTED ABOVE AT THIS TIME.
Parks are open from 5:00am-9:00pm
- If frost or wet conditions are present, use should be suspended to prevent damage to the fields.
- Glass containers and littering is prohibited
- Use proper receptacles, do not over stuff barrels
- Bulk trash should be removed by user
- Permits can be secured with the Recreation Department
- Permit holders should have permit at site during use
- Permit holders must adhere to locations and times issued
- Permit holders are responsible for ensuring area is neat and clean after use
Off-leash hours are suspended when:
- Permits are required annually and can be obtained at the Recreation Office
- Owners are responsible for supplying dog waste bags, pick-ing up and proper disposal
- Dogs should not be off-leash within 50’ of playground equipment
- Dogs should not be in playgrounds
Dogs should be removed from the field if:
- A permitted group is using field
- DPW/Contractors are working on the field
- Fields are saturated with water
- When school is in session
- They are digging in the field
- There is excessive barking
- They are aggressive to others